REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

neggo 09-26-2012 08:37 PM

^ Shit, caught red handed!

I'm actually the guy on the bench in the back

:troll:

Stealthy 09-26-2012 08:45 PM

Hit a 385 x 1 deadlift and 175 x 5 close-grip bench today :whistle:
will get a vid up of that deadlift whenever my friend decides to send it to me...

TouringTeg 09-26-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8040218)
It might be the angle, but it looks like you're going above parallel.

Yep looks like I need to squat lower. Will get a better vid next time.
Posted via RS Mobile

The_Situation 09-26-2012 09:52 PM

Felt the presence of revscene tonight at sport central.

The_Situation 09-26-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealthy (Post 8040364)
will get a vid up of that deadlift whenever my friend decides to send it to me...

good job man. your deadlift has definitely gone up quite a bit.

Gerbs 09-26-2012 10:05 PM

18 dollars for 2 month at sport central from socialshopper!

Fcukedd 09-26-2012 10:30 PM

Fuck wrist pain and forearm pain all over prevented me from hitting the gym today. Woke up with it..not sure what's wrong. :okay:

BrRsn 09-26-2012 10:41 PM

^ fcuked thats happened to me before .. just lay off the arm for a day or two and it'll be fine. Usually caused by going HAM on arms day, straight bar curls makes that happen to me all the time

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8040436)
Felt the presence of revscene tonight at sport central.

y u no say hi?

Anyone got an idea of wtf's wrong with me?

Today was back day, started with some back-work on pulleys (high rep, 5-16 reps, pyramiding for dat pump) then went into a pendalay row (5x5 style) and then deadlifted. Deadlifting completely drained me I had no energy left to do anything and everything started hurting like crazy. Toughed it out, managed to do 2 more exercises and left. Dafuq is wrong with me?

Feel like I get worn out so quick, not on any supplements atm besides xtend BCAA + 200mg caffeine as a PWO. Diet is fairly good, had a good amount of carbs before i workout .. but this is a general trend with me now and its pissing me off. No gains because i can't push myself.:badpokerface:

The_Situation 09-26-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 8040481)
^ fcuked thats happened to me before .. just lay off the arm for a day or two and it'll be fine. Usually caused by going HAM on arms day, straight bar curls makes that happen to me all the time

y u no say hi?

Anyone got an idea of wtf's wrong with me?

Today was back day, started with some back-work on pulleys (high rep, 5-16 reps, pyramiding for dat pump) then went into a pendalay row (5x5 style) and then deadlifted. Deadlifting completely drained me I had no energy left to do anything and everything started hurting like crazy. Toughed it out, managed to do 2 more exercises and left. Dafuq is wrong with me?

Feel like I get worn out so quick, not on any supplements atm besides xtend BCAA + 200mg caffeine as a PWO. Diet is fairly good, had a good amount of carbs before i workout .. but this is a general trend with me now and its pissing me off. No gains because i can't push myself.:badpokerface:

brb saying hi to everyone asking if theyre from rs. What do you mean by everything is hurting?
Is your body physically hurting when you're deadlifting?

Anurag 09-26-2012 10:59 PM

Arnold's Blueprint - ESPN Films: 30 for 30

New series of ESPN: 30 for 30 but much shorter versions. Here's one of the first ones they've made on none other than Arnold Schwarzenegger

L0uie69 09-26-2012 11:06 PM

third time doing low bar squat, need to sit back a bit more and maybe a tad too high, but overall fairly happy

spideyv2 09-26-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealthy (Post 8040364)

good job brahhh

did my usual working sets of deadlifts today 225-245 x 10 x 3, and then jumped for the 315 x 1, ended up completing it with terrible fucking form. Attempted the 335 and failed.

feelsbadman

BrRsn 09-26-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8040502)
brb saying hi to everyone asking if theyre from rs. What do you mean by everything is hurting?
Is your body physically hurting when you're deadlifting?

idk, Do deadlifts with good form, do other exercises. next thing I know I have zero energy, heart rates insanely high and it feels like I got arthritis in every joint. :badpokerface: i only did creatine once .. they told me the side effects would be bad but i didnt imagine this bad

The_Situation 09-26-2012 11:42 PM

Joints might be taking a toll from all the training. Get on that fish oil time. I guess it's time for some isolation exercises.

TouringTeg 09-27-2012 05:44 AM

New goal is 4 plate dl with good form.

I'll just do some searching

Posted via RS Mobile

truth 09-27-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AME_VIP (Post 8040637)
New goal is 4 plate dll with good form.

Coworker just started creatine. What are the possible side effects?
Posted via RS Mobile

On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

...:troll:

TouringTeg 09-27-2012 09:11 AM

lol yah read that before

PK6o4* 09-27-2012 01:27 PM

water retention

JSilver 09-27-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8039544)
:fappery:

wtf dude. great example of how weight =/= aesthetics....

what's your ethnicity man?

Thanks broo, Filipino!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc604 (Post 8039596)
looking swole, thoughts on i bodybuilder in terms of strength/size gains? also did u use their anaconda drink
Posted via RS Mobile

I find with the program that you need a solid base for strength to begin with. You're dealing with a lot of low reps but high volume in sets and short rest periods. Build a foundation of strength then consider taking the program on in my opinion.

Anaconda is a joke, don't bother. Focus on the lifts, meals and rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8039995)
Damn son, are you 5'4 or something? You look big for that weight bud.

Thanks brooo, 5'7-5'8" actually lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordanl250 (Post 8040063)
looking thick solid tight thanks for the motivation

Always bruh

Quick snap of my back on my back day. Just doing some maintenance/freestyling. Need a better camera!

Full pump, no flex.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/IMG_0601.jpg

Stealthy 09-27-2012 02:37 PM

now that I see it I could have stuck my chest out and had a lower hip angle

XplicitLuder 09-27-2012 04:36 PM

back looks a lil rounded from the start..isn't that bad ? :badpokerface:

Stealthy 09-27-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8041007)
back looks a lil rounded from the start..isn't that bad ? :badpokerface:

Yeah, I thought I did my best to keep it straight.
Definitely should have started a bit lower. I didn't expect perfect form especially because I did this just for shits and giggles but at least now I know what could be improved.

LC21 09-27-2012 04:48 PM

To all my bodybuilding misc bros, killarney market on 49th and elliot is selling kaizen protein 5lb for 48.99!
Posted via RS Mobile

Suprarz666 09-27-2012 05:39 PM

costco is 38.99 for 4.5lbs i think? unless the deal is over.

instantneedles 09-27-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealthy (Post 8041010)
Yeah, I thought I did my best to keep it straight.
Definitely should have started a bit lower. I didn't expect perfect form especially because I did this just for shits and giggles but at least now I know what could be improved.

yeah, rounded back definetly helps put on a bit more weight to the bar. It's when you really push yourself for a 1RM that the back usually rounds up. But it looks like you did it with ease anyway. If anything, I thought that looked more like a stiff-legged deadlift, if you lower your hips a bit more and shifting some of the weight onto your legs, you deadlift 4.