REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

cc604 09-26-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSilver (Post 8039463)
5 months, I, Bodybuilder. Managed to add about 5lbs mass.

Floating around 155-158lbs now from 148-150lbs.

Zero pump, full flex. Still hungry for more.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/Untitled.jpg

looking swole, thoughts on i bodybuilder in terms of strength/size gains? also did u use their anaconda drink
Posted via RS Mobile

TouringTeg 09-26-2012 05:47 AM

Jay: Ya I know lol Think I got it now

Squat warm up 225lb x5

Posted via RS Mobile

sonick 09-26-2012 07:43 AM

FUUUUCK... Going on 2.5 weeks out of commission due to a cold and now bronchitis and sinus infection.

Be sure to rest well, I had been pushing too hard the few weeks before getting sick and clearly it definitely took a toll.

:okay:

7seven 09-26-2012 07:44 AM

I'll just leave this here, ESPN's 30 for 30 Arnold's Blueprint Short

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8420216
ESPN vid player doesn't seem to embed properly and ever time I paste the link it defaults to embeded player, so copy/paste this espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8420216

Just watched this in my office, now I want to deadlift my desk haha, can't wait to hit the gym today now

lowside67 09-26-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AME_VIP (Post 8039671)

Squat warm up 225lb x5

Posted via RS Mobile

"This video is private."

G-spec 09-26-2012 08:42 AM

holy crap..... ZMA + Melatonin = :sleepy:

best sleep I've had in years... started taking it together the other day, melatonin by itself didn't do anything thought I would combine them... thanks for recommendation Halogod
and it's a heavy sleep too but not to the point where you feel tired and drowsy when you wake up, you actually wake up energized too..
fck I wonder how long it will last though, hopefully my body doesn't get to used to it to the point of it not being effective anymore, light sleep has been draining me for years

TouringTeg 09-26-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 8039744)
"This video is private."

Thanks! I changed it to "unlisted"

Need to get my gf to record from further back next time. Pretty crappy vid lol

jimzilla 09-26-2012 12:35 PM

fuck moving to England has really fucked up my diet and gym and sleep and everything. can't wait to get back to the grind

red_sir 09-26-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinsentoW (Post 8039520)
How low do you guys go on bench?
I go about 3 inches to touching my chest

I touch my chest. I'm sure you don't have to touch every rep to stimulate growth but there's nothing more annoying than someone saying they bench xxx when they are really just doing partials.

mikemhg 09-26-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Damn son, are you 5'4 or something? You look big for that weight bud.

The_Situation 09-26-2012 02:36 PM

I touch my chest every rep. It just feels unnatural to me to stop before that, like stopping before hitting the ground for a deadlift.

BrRsn 09-26-2012 03:18 PM

just finished up a arms workout thought I'd snap a quick pic

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...73363237_n.jpg

:fuckthatshit: I wish

Phil heath's looking solid though

BrRsn 09-26-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTank (Post 8039457)
was on the bench tonight, some random dude asks if he can work in since he was doing the same weight. i say sure..

we're at 225lbs & he's doing half reps & i think to myself :rukidding:?

we move up to 235lbs & still he's doing half reps.. he stops there but my weights keep going up. the whole time im using powerlifting form (feet back & digging into the ground, legs tight, bridged back, shoulder blades sqeezed, elbows tucked in). after my last set he says to me that he noticed my back was really curved & asks if i had ever experienced back pain. i say no and that it is a powerlifting form used by many people including some friends of mine that have competed. he says the only reason i havent felt pain is cuz of my age & that he knows this because he's in sports medicine

anyone here get back pain or was i right to laugh at him?

Did he also tell u he only goes half way because touching chest is dangerous? :troll: hehe

Jordanl250 09-26-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

looking thick solid tight thanks for the motivation

Simplex123 09-26-2012 05:19 PM

I'm just starting to work out again but I'm too lazy to think of routines and meals and everything.
I'm planning to buy Athlean-X. Has anyone done it or heard of it? It seems pretty legit because it doesn't guarantee any specific results - only that it will make you more athletic and lean. They're just exercises and tips to help you work out efficiently. I've been watching Athlean-X on youtube for about a month now and this Jeff Cavaliere knows what he's talking about. He has a legit degree and was the head physical therapist for the New York Mets a few years ago.
There's a $67 version and one with extras for $97. I think I might get the $97 if I can get someone to split with me. I'm gonna try to keep up with the meal plan for as long as I can haha
Let you guys know in about 3 months.

Saw a few reviews online and they seem pretty good as well
http://www.macnmotion.com/athleanx/2...eview-round-3/

Edit: In case I can't keep up with the protein, which protein brand do you guys recommend? After I saw the bodybuilding.com coupon I went to the site and saw that both Optimum 100% whey isolate/hydrolized whey are both low in fat (I just want to build muscle so no gainer for me). They both seem pretty good but I guess the hydrolized is a newer product? Anyone try it before?

neggo 09-26-2012 05:28 PM

Guys, I'm going to be in Nagoya for two weeks to start training for my work. They have a Gold's over there but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to commute there since my training will be 6 days a week for an average of 10 hours a day.

I need some ideas for some short but intense calisthenics for two weeks. Anyone have any ideas? Sprints? Push ups?

Thanks!

kwy 09-26-2012 05:31 PM

Started Kris Gethin's DTP program today because my routine was getting a bit stale and I needed something new to kick my ass. Day 1 legs + upper abs..jelly legs after and didn't have a great time walking down the stairs.

red_sir 09-26-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex123 (Post 8040132)
I'm just starting to work out again but I'm too lazy to think of routines and meals and everything.

Lol no offense but I suggest you find another hobby then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex123 (Post 8040132)
I've been watching Athlean-X on youtube for about a month now...

You could've saved that $97 if you spent that month doing some reading and learning on your own.

red_sir 09-26-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neggo (Post 8040139)
Guys, I'm going to be in Nagoya for two weeks to start training for my work. They have a Gold's over there but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to commute there since my training will be 6 days a week for an average of 10 hours a day.

I need some ideas for some short but intense calisthenics for two weeks. Anyone have any ideas? Sprints? Push ups?

Thanks!

Sprints (especially up hill) and push ups are a great start. Throw in some lunges, tuck jumps, and burpees. And if you can find a park or playground nearby with some bars to do pullups and dips that would be even better.

The_Situation 09-26-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AME_VIP (Post 8039671)

Squat warm up 225lb x5

Posted via RS Mobile

It might be the angle, but it looks like you're going above parallel.

instantneedles 09-26-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neggo (Post 8040139)

Thanks!

i'm jelly as fuck man... i'd shed a few pounds of muscle to be in japan anyday... working as a ALT?

I'm sure there are many other japanese chain gyms around the area.

having been a calisthenics guy for a good 3-4 years in the past, I got pretty ripped from doing a ton of weighted pushups.

Snake pushups - walking forward with hands while adding a pushup in the middle.

knee tucks - jumping up and bringing knees to chest

situps

pullups

All in 25 rep sets.

etc etc. If you need other exercises, hit me up with a pm.

But since you are in japan, I highly recommend taking advantage of the nation's respectable martial arts classes, a ton of world-reknowned instructors teach there. Just something different to experience other than going to the gym.

strykn 09-26-2012 06:37 PM

took craze, jack3d, Ephederine, Bcaas in one cocktail. squatted 405x5x5sets , never squatted anything heavier than 3 plates since like 2 months. felt GOOD MAN

hal0g0dv2 09-26-2012 06:39 PM

Video or did not happen
:troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

neggo 09-26-2012 08:25 PM

Thanks for all the tips, brahs. I guess I will be doing a bit more cardio for a bit!

Greetings from Japan! You guys still motivate me wherever I go.

Phozy 09-26-2012 08:34 PM

^You too

You went from being fat to THAT. That is dedication (if thats you :troll: )