REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

Jordanl250 10-02-2012 02:01 PM

all this talk of creatine lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...07863145_n.jpg

Razor Ramon HG 10-02-2012 04:10 PM

Been going to the gym for the past three weeks with a more serious mentality this time around. Definitely seeing some gains and size increase.

Feels good.

Just one question though. I have some fat around my stomach and love handles. What's a good way to burn those off, while still adding size to the rest of the body? Or is that an oxymoron.

Stealthy 10-02-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 8045072)
Been going to the gym for the past three weeks with a more serious mentality this time around. Definitely seeing some gains and size increase.

Feels good.

Just one question though. I have some fat around my stomach and love handles. What's a good way to burn those off, while still adding size to the rest of the body? Or is that an oxymoron.

Intermittent fasting
Posted via RS Mobile

instantneedles 10-02-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 8045072)

Feels good.

If you have fat deposition in the torso area, it's detering you from your ability to recruit your muscle fibers in the area, and also from being able to break down muscle fibers during a resistance exercise.

If you have a significant amount of fatty tissue, chances are, your neural recruitment of fibers isn't very efficient, so the best way to tackle both at the same time, is to work with a full body cardio program, followed by high endurance weight training exercises in a variety of forms.

Once your body fat percentage starts to lower and your rate of muscle firing is much more efficient, it will be much easier for you to progress onto a full muscle hypertrophy regime where you can build pure lean muscle at a much more accelerated rate.

Keep in mind, for your cardio programs, you don't just want to do plain running. Running is good as a warmup, but to really target fat loss and MU neural recruitment and to get your tendons and ligaments activated you want to do exercises along different planes of movement such as burpees, lateral jumps, kettlebell hip swings, lunges, side steps, etc. but you get the idea. It gets you more engaged and focused to exercise than just plain running for 30 minutes.

I'd say 1 month into this type of program about 3 times a week, and you can start moving on to a more advanced hypertrophy/bodybuilding program.

For diet, low carbs. STOP taking in your carbs from grains because it will hurt you. grains have bran in them, that causes inflammation in the body which will cause an overall negative net result for your body. It spikes your insulin an accelerates fatty tissue deposition. Start taking in your substrates from fresh fruits, vegetables, meat and cook your food in healthy oils such as coconut oil.

Essentially what you want to do is 5 days where you go on a caloric deficit diet, and 2 days on a slightly higher calorie diet. Adjust after 2 weeks. I wouldn't recommend a sudden jump to IF dieting if you're the guy that likes to eat breakfast as it will take a heavy toll on your body. Try what I suggested, and if you feel comfortable start narrowing your dieting window and see if it works for you.

cheers

Razor Ramon HG 10-02-2012 05:13 PM

I am currently at 143lbs up from 140lbs a few weeks ago. I'm quite thin overall, and all my friends that lift are telling me to just eat 3000 calories a day and see how I progress. So far, I have been seeing results throughout my entire body.

Should I still go on a caloric deficit? Since I'm not sure if your post was geared towards someone more overweight.

Fcukedd 10-02-2012 05:30 PM

Since you're already a thin guy, don't even worry about the excess fat around your stomach. Just keep eating and lift heavy. You don't want to go on a caloric deficit and be smaller than you already are. The fat can be dealt with later on when you have a good amount of muscle on your body. Instantneedles' post was directed to those who have a significant amount of fat.

hal0g0dv2 10-02-2012 06:49 PM

Still waiting on 4 percent body fat pics instant
Posted via RS Mobile

instantneedles 10-02-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 8045112)
I am currently at 143lbs up from 140lbs a few weeks ago. I'm quite thin overall, and all my friends that lift are telling me to just eat 3000 calories a day and see how I progress. So far, I have been seeing results throughout my entire body.

Should I still go on a caloric deficit? Since I'm not sure if your post was geared towards someone more overweight.

wait wut.... so you have abdominal fat and love handles and you're thin at the same time?

So I'm assuming you're skinnyfat, an ectomorph bone structure with slow metabolism. My comments about the workouts AND diet still apply, but disregard the calorie deficit thing. Your goal would be to maintain your weight through diet manipulation (so what you want to do is go low calorie 2 calories per pound of lean bodyweight for 3-4 day preferably your off days and high calorie 2 calories per pound of lean bodyweight for 3-4 days preferably your heavy resistance training days), and then once you have leaned down to a good amount, go on a caloric surplus because your muscles will need glycogen.

kwy 10-02-2012 07:34 PM

There are definitely a lot of skinny people with a larger midsection. Take all the skinny white girls with a muffin top because of a lot of carb consumption..aka alcohol. Visceral fat, the fat that surrounds your organs, is tougher to get rid of. This is the fat that builds up as a result of poor diet. If you pinch your skinfolds, the layer of fat on top of the muscle is subcutaneous fat, and relatively easier to get rid of..cardio.

Sid Vicious 10-02-2012 07:39 PM

hit 455 on the deadlift today at 165 lb bw.

soo close to 5 plates, i can smell it

J.C 10-02-2012 07:40 PM

holy shit almost 3x bw
you're crazy strong

vid please :fullofwin:

hal0g0dv2 10-02-2012 08:01 PM

w0w 455 at 165

Suprarz666 10-02-2012 08:04 PM

new PR 325x1 deadlift@ 153lb!!
Felt like i could do some more. oh well next time.
and ^beast.

Sid Vicious 10-02-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc95 (Post 8045262)
holy shit almost 3x bw
you're crazy strong

vid please :fullofwin:

will do

i work out @ sfu so im sure ive seen some of you before

strykn 10-02-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8045260)

gj but 5plates is further than you think from 455 ;)

spideyv2 10-02-2012 09:38 PM

vids or negs

:troll:

dealt 10-02-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

stop abusing dat creatine brah

instantneedles 10-02-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Holy shit.. What is your waist circumference?
Posted via RS Mobile

Sid Vicious 10-02-2012 11:58 PM

29"

jack3d 10-03-2012 01:21 AM

Monster

TouringTeg 10-03-2012 10:22 AM

^x2 look fwd to the vid

After making a vid of my deadlift and reading lots on technique, I have improved my form dramatically. No more sore lower back and I jumped from 345lb last wk to 365lb x1 this wk.
Posted via RS Mobile

spideyv2 10-03-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AME_VIP (Post 8045713)
^x2 look fwd to the vid

After making a vid of my deadlift and reading lots on technique, I have improved my form dramatically. No more sore lower back and I jumped from 345lb last wk to 365lb x1 this wk.
Posted via RS Mobile

did you also get sharp lower back pains? I remember when I first started doing deadlifts in november/december, I'd always get lower back pains while playing hockey the next day..I recorded myself doing a set, and my back even hurt watching it.

L0uie69 10-03-2012 03:36 PM

DL'ed 435 today felt easy, but 465 didnt budge. a little disappointed since i got 485 before i shed off some weight. did a back off set with 405 for 3 and 315 for 25. vids coming soon

Sid Vicious 10-03-2012 03:52 PM

as requested to prove im not bsing. Yes I know form is bad but I am near my max lol.

think i can hit 475 with a belt

Jordanl250 10-03-2012 04:22 PM

tempted to try